- Fabric Scissors
1. Cut two pieces of fleece 14”X30”
2. Keeping both pieces of fleece together, cut 1 ½” slits all along the bottom of one end of the rectangle. As you reach the edge you will cut out a piece approximately 1 ½” square.
3. Continue to cut slits up each side of the rectangle until you have about 14” of each side cut.
4. Cut a strip off of the remaining length of each side of the rectangle. These will be the handles.
5. From the INSIDE -TOP of the rectangle cut out the center pieces. Make sure you DO NOT cut down further than the top slits on each side.
6. Next, cut a little snip in the top middle of each fringe piece you cut. You want to make the snip just even with the ends of each of your original cuts (that make the fringe).
7. Next take both pieces of a fringe piece and push it through the slit in the top of the fringe. Pull snuggly and securely.
8. Do this step with each of the fringe pieces.
9. Tie the ends of the handle pieces into square knots at the top.
10. To make the flowers…cut two different sizes of squares. I used a 4” and a 3”. Make little slits on each of the sides almost to the center.
11. Fold the square in ½ and take out little triangle pieces from each side as shown
12. You can cut away more from each petal to shape as desired.
13. Layer flowers on top of one another and cut two slits in the center about ¼” apart from each other.
14. Cut slits in desired location on the purse.
15. Line up slits in flowers and slits on purse.
16. Cut a ½”X4” piece of fleece from your scraps. From the inside of the purse, push each end of the scrap fleece through the slits in the purse and flower pieces.
17. From the front side of the purse, tie the scrap piece into a square knot and clip ends to desired length.
1. Cut a single piece of fleece 8”X36”.
2. Along the 8” ends, cut in about 3”…every 1”.
3. Follow steps 6 & 7 to finish off fringe
4. You can follow steps 10-17 if you desire to add flowers
1. Cut a piece of fleece 3-5” wide by (circumference of head + 2”). Make sure you cut the fleece so it is cut on the stretchy length…meaning you want your rectangle to “give” or stretch some.
2. Cut the end pieces as shown…making and indent and “raindrop” shape in the middle end.
3. Cut a slit in one of the raindrops as shown.
4. Slip one of the raindrops through the other as shown. Set aside
5. Cut flower as you did in steps 10-17 above, only make 3 flower pieces.
6. Push raindrop pieces through the slits in the flower.
1. Measure your head and divide by 4. Add 2” to that measurement and that is the bottom of the triangle pieces you will cut. You need 4 pieces of fleece…all the same color or use two coordinating colors. You can make the hat as long/tall as you desire.
2. Cut fringe along the two sides of the triangle as you did in steps 6-7 of the purse.
3. At the very top of the triangle cut strips or raindrop shapes.
4. You will secure the fringe as before only secure using two different pieces at a time.
5. Add a new side until you are all finished and the hat is in a round.
6. Tie the raindrops from the INSIDE of the hat.
7. Roll up the edge of the hat.