October 27, 2010
Candy Corn Crazy
by Wendy Switzer
· Crispy rice cereal
· White chocolate or cheesecake pudding
· Clear plastic cups
· White baking bark
· Food coloring: yellow & orange
· Gelatin: orange & yellow
· Whipped topping
· Glass vases: 3 different sizes
· Tulle: yellow & orange
· Candy corn
· Fruit candy slices – lemon & orange
· Deep XL muffin tins
· Reg. muffin tin
· Mini brownie baking mold
· Cardstock – yellow, white, orange & black
· Black marker
· Packaged gum
· Painty pens: yellow & orange
· Cello bags
· Bamboo skewers
· Wrapped Hard Candies – yellow, white & orange
· Paper cups
Candy Corn Marshmallow Treats
1) Mix 3 different batches of marshmallow treats, according to the directions on the box.
2) Add orange food coloring to the first batch and fill the Deep XL muffin tins ¾ full.
3) Color the next batch yellow and fill the muffin tins to the top (yellow on top of the orange).
4) Do not add any coloring to the last batch. Fill regular muffin tins with this mixture.
5) Let all of the treats settle and cool for about an hour.
6) Remove yellow/orange treats from tins and place the regular treats on the top. Press onto the top and shape with hands to form a rounded top.
7) Let stand for a few hours to allow stickiness to dry. Put into cello bags and tie with tulle.
CANDY CORN GELATIN or PUDDING TREATS
1) Mix gelatin according to directions, however, reduce the amount of cold water by ½ c.
2) Mix the orange first and fill the paper cups ¾ full. Put in refrigerator to set up.
3) Once the orange gelatin has set up, remove from the refrigerator. Mix yellow gelatin and pour on top of the orange gelatin. Place in refrigerator once again.
4) When you are ready to serve, cut the side of the cup and peel away. Gelatin will be firmer than normal. Place on a dish and top with whipping cream.
5) PUDDING DIRECTIONS: Mix white chocolate pudding according to directions, separate into 3 bowls, color one yellow, one orange and leave the last one white. Layer into cups and refrigerate until ready to serve. Place marshmallows or whipping cream on top if desired. I topped mine with a orange and lemon candy slices.
1) Tea lights striped around the outer edge with yellow and orange.
2) Yellow, orange & white paper used to create a wrapper for candy or gum package.
3) 3 tall vases, different sizes, filled with white, yellow and orange hard candies. Fill a small baggie with candy corns and hang from tulle tied around the middle of the vases.
4) White chocolate melted and colored yellow and orange and layered in a mold. When firm, pop out of mold, place a bamboo skewer in the top and decorate with a cardstock candy cord accent.