Asking for a date just isn't what is used to be...especially if you live in Utah! At times the "ASKING" can be just as costly, if not more, than the date itself.
My goal for this segment was to share some ideas that are still within the creative ways, but be inexpensive enough that there is money left over to actually go on the date! LOL ;)
Here is a link for ideas listed below http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1PiwPQMcTg
Also...how about asking for a date on live tv? Thanks to 4 brave volunteers, they made this great idea become a reality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBE7Yw7vmng
- Poster Board
- Post-It Notes - 100-200
- Make a sign that says: "I had a question and thought I would "POST-IT"
- On all of Post-It notes write your asking..."Will you go to ______ with me?
- Post the notes all over his/her room, car, work place, locker, etc.
"SODA" ya think you can "POP" the question?
- Bottle of favorite soda pop
- tape & adhesive
- ribbon, tulle, etc
- Measure the label on the soda and cut a piece of paper the same size.
- Write on the paper "SODA" ya think you would like to go to ______with me?
- Place adhesive on the back of your new label
- Wrap it around the soda bottle and secure in place with tape.
- Tie ribbon, tulle, etc around the top of the bottle and deliver!
Heart Attack Victim
- poster board
- pink & red paper
- prescription bottle
- other colored paper
- Make a poster that says "You have just had a heart attack..."
- Cut out 100-200 paper hearts and scatter around the room, locker, etc.
- On a smaller paper write "I hear the perfect prescription is going to _____ with ______"
- Place the smaller paper inside the prescription bottle
- Decorate and cover the prescription bottle with paper, ribbon, etc.
- Leave the prescription bottle near the poster sign.
The Fake-Cake Ask
- styrofoam plates
- paper & pen or computer & printer
- Write only one letter on each plate...spelling out your name
- Mix plates up and stack
- Frost the plates like a cake. You can also take to a local baker to frost for you.
- Write out a message and place it on the top of the cake and deliver. They will have to get to the plates and then unscramble the letters to find out who is asking them out.
A Sweeping way to ask...
- Broom (Dollar stores usually carry these
- Print or write out a message that says..."I'd like to "SWEEP" you off your feet and take you to ____"
- Place message onto the broom
- Tie a ribbon around the broom and deliver.
For a complete list of over 100 ideas for creatively asking for a date you can order my CD "Asking in a Crafty Way" $10 (includes s/h).